The firm strengthens and expands its investment and transactional advisory team by establishing a co-operation with Melinda Rishkofski, a leading “band 1” lawyer and a seasoned private equity, international finance and corporate lawyer with over 30 years of experience. Melinda will be assisting the firm to service its local and international clients as an external consultant.
Melinda was a partner at the Moscow office of global law firm, Baker Botts LLP, and general counsel of a leading Russian private equity investment firm. She has represented leading private equity investment managers and corporates throughout Russia, Eastern Europe, the U.S. and the UK in over 100 transactions valued at over US$5 billion. Melinda has a demonstrated record of excellence in corporate transactions and is recognized for securing favorable terms and strong legal protections in a range of complex domestic and international matters.
Melinda advises clients on:
- corporate mergers and acquisitions, joint venture, strategic alliance and other corporate partnering arrangements including offshore investment fund structures
- due diligence, investment structuring for debt and equity investments across all industry sectors
- auctions and divestitures
- private equity and venture capital investments and attraction of growth capital
- executive and employee remuneration and equity incentive arrangements
- securitization transactions, escrow arrangements and bank settlement advice and support
- FCPA, Anti-bribery, AIFMD and other compliance regimes
- pre-IPO corporate compliance and group structuring
Melinda has been ranked as a “Leading Individual” by Chambers Europe for Corporate/M&A High-end Capability and for her vast private equity experience where clients note that "she is very experienced, no question about that" and that "she is very good and stays involved throughout the transaction”. Melinda has also been ranked for Corporate M&A in Chambers Global where clients commend her for being able to “turn around complex documents very quickly."
Some of her representative engagements include:
Internet, Software, Media, Telecommunications
- corporate advice relating to an investment in a global IT Solutions and Software company
- legal advice and group structuring of a Russian-based financial services and fintech business and completion of a strategic acquisition in a loyalty and gift card business
- multiple rounds of debt and equity financing, general corporate governance, structuring employee stock incentive plans, ongoing general corporate advice and strategic acquisitions/investments of a leading Cyprus based internet group
- multiple rounds of equity financings prior to its NASDAQ listing and represented the shareholders in their participation in the IPO, post-IPO liquidation of a holding company structure and SEC reporting requirements
Oil & Gas, Metals, Infrastructure
- principal Escrow Agent for a multimillion road infrastructure project
- advised a leading company in relation to a $1.35 billion acquisition
Financial and Business Services
- represented shareholder group in its sale of Russian based international debt collection agent
- represented a fund in respect to its investment a leading leasing group in respect to several secured financing transactions with creditors
Consumer Goods and Services
- large diversified Russian holding company - acquisition of an equity stake in a group - creator of clothing collections sold via its own stores, franchises, online and through wholesale platforms
- structuring shareholder relations and completion of Series B equity investment in a New York company
- acted as group legal advisor providing strategic advice to global and domestic legal affairs in Hong Kong, Malaysia, Indonesia, Vietnam, India and Pakistan for a leading group
Real Estate and Construction
- director services and advice to a leading international private company in respect to multiple commercial real estate investments and retail outlets.
- Russian developers/investors - structuring advice and shareholders agreement related to the development of a multiuse stadium, hotels and casino complex in Italy.
We anticipate that Melinda will actively engage with us on a multitude of engagements as we expand our offerings.