A.G. Erotocritou LLC has consistently maintained an impressive track record in dealing with high-profile transactional, regulatory and dispute resolution issues and is systematically geared to offering specialist banking and finance services to a dedicated client base which embraces multinational organisations, institutional investors, commercial, retail and investment banks and high net-worth individuals.
Our firm's banking and finance department has become highly reputable, having been ranked consistently by well-known directories such as Legal 500, IFLR and WhosWhoLegal, who have received excellent client feedback on the performance of this department, with clients recognising that A.G. Erotocritou "are very motivated and know well the Cyprus law industry and have good experience" and "very responsive to communications which leads to effective and efficient communication for the fulfilment of many of projects".
Our firm’s capability in this domain, which spans across a varied and extensive practice-area, covers the following:
- Acquisition and asset finance
- Finance leasing and financial litigation
- General banking and finance for corporate lending (both bilateral and syndicated), refinancing, subordination, guarantees, indemnities and performance bonds
- International trade finance (letters of credit and other negotiable instruments)
- Security enforcement and distressed debt
- Preparation and registration of security documents as well as advice on complex securities issues in relation to, inter alia, share pledges, floating charges, financial collateral and mortgages as well as on other types of securities
- Ship finance
- Project finance
- Regulatory requirements
- ISDA agreements and related products
- Syndicated, subordinated and mezzanine financing
- Trade and property finance
- Note issuance
In addition, our litigation team has also represented various prominent local and overseas clients in litigation relating to various banking and other disputes of financial nature.
Recent example of work handled includes:
- acting for the lenders’ on the refinancing of a $600 million secured facility to one of the largest agricultural companies of Eastern Europe;
- acting on a regular basis for large scaled financing and refinancing transactions for and on behalf of some of the leading global bank institutions such Unicredit, UBS, Alfa Bank, VTB, etc.;
- representing the largest Bank in Middle East on a large scaled finance transaction secured by a pledge of shares of a Cyprus holding company;
- being instructed by a leading international firm in order to act as escrow agents in respect of the sale of the shares of a Cyprus entity, part of a multination group with substantial assets in Russia. Our firm had drafted the relevant documentation in respect of the escrow agreement, the share sale agreement as well as the finance and security documents.
- representing and advising one of the largest Russian Banks on a complex finance transaction exceeding 180m Euro whereby the Bank has granted a facility to a Cyprus holding company (part of a large multinational group) in exchange of a security structure involving, inter alia, pledge of the shares of a company within the group.
For further information or in case you have any legal issues, please contact us at: