A.G. Erotocritou LLC values your privacy and shares your concerns about the way in which your personal information is handled. We understand the trust you place in us with your data. For this reason, we have provided this explanatory note which lays out all our data collection, management and use practices. In this note we also highlight certain choices and rights you have in connection with the manner in which your information is collected and processed by us.
We want to make it easy and simple for you to understand what information we collect and why we collect it. We aim to be clear and transparent about the ways in which we use your data and your rights.
1. What Personal Data do we collect?
By “Personal Data”, we refer to any personal information you provide us or that we collect in the course of our business relationship, including through your use of our website, when you contact or request information from us, when you engage our legal or other services. This can include things such as:
- your name, your place of work and your title or position;
- Contact information, such as your postal address, email address and phone number;
- Financial information, such as payment-related information;
- Technical information, such as information from your visits to our website or applications or in relation to materials and communications we send to you electronically (We automatically collect data (such as type of operating system, IP address, usage details, access information about your use and actions on our Website) when you use our Website.);
- Identification and background information provided by you or collected as part of our business acceptance processes;
- Personal information provided to us by or on behalf of our clients or generated by us in the course or providing services to them, which may include special categories of data; and
- Any other information relating to you which you may provide to us.
2. Why do we collect Personal Data?
We collect your Personal Data only in order:
- To enter into or perform a contract, such as engaging with an individual to provide legal or other services;
- To perform legitimate business purposes;
- For the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or proceedings; and
- To comply with legal and/or regulatory obligations which are imposed upon us.
3. How do we collect your Personal Data?
Personal Data provided by you when you submit it to us when subscribing to a newsletter or legal article or when requesting our legal and/or other services or any information is catalogue on our systems. We also collect certain data in order to satisfy our Know Your Client (KYC) obligations.
We may collect or receive information about you from other sources, such as keeping the contact details we already hold for you accurate and up to date using publicly available sources
4. What use is made of the data collected?
We use your Personal Data:
- to ensure compliance with our Terms & Conditions;
- to perform our contractual obligations towards you;
- to conduct legal research upon your request;
- to diagnose any technical problems;
- for internal research purposes (e.g. to better design or improve the content and functionality of our Website);
- for market research (if you have indicated that you wish us to use your Personal Data in this way);
- to provide the information and services you request or to respond to feedback;
- to give your Personal Data to affiliate offices which may be located outside the EEA in order to enable them to contact you regarding your query (if you have indicated that you wish us to use your Personal Data in this way);
- to send you client bulletins or other information that may be of interest to you (if you have indicated that you wish us to use your Personal Data in this way); and
- for security (such as fraud-prevention purposes).
5. How and where is your Personal Data stored?
Once the data is collected, it is stored in a secure and updated system of data storage and management. This system allows the supply, on request, of details of the data held and how it has been used. The data is processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the Personal Data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures.
We have an obligation to maintain the data up to date and correct any inaccuracies.
6. How long do we keep your Personal Data?
We can only keep the data we collect from you for so long as it is necessary for one of the purposes listed above. Accordingly, your Personal Data will be retained in accordance with the appropriate retention period for each category of data. Those periods are based on the requirements of applicable data protection laws and the purpose for which the information is collected and used, taking into account legal and regulatory requirements to retain the information for a minimum period, limitation periods for taking legal action, good practice and A.G. Erotocritou LLC business purposes.
7. With whom is your Personal Data shared?
We assure you that we will not trade, rent or sell in any way your Personal Data to third parties without your prior consent. We reserve the right to share your Personal Data in the following instances:
- Service Providers: We may share your Personal Data with operational service providers we have engaged to perform services on our behalf, such as online recruiting, credit card verification, storage fulfilment, disaster recovery and web-hosting service providers. We always request that our service providers protect your privacy in every possible manner and we prohibit them from using your Personal Data for their own marketing purposes;
- For the Purpose you provide it: We may share your Personal Data to fulfil the purpose for which you provide it;
- Compliance with Laws and Protection of our Rights: We may share Personal Data in order to comply with applicable laws or if we are compelled to do so by a governmental agency, regulation, a court or other legal process. We may also disclose Personal Data if we believe disclosure is necessary to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft or to protect our own rights or property, or to resolve any problems or inquiries or property, or to protect the rights, property or safety of others;
- Violation of our Terms & Conditions: If we believe your use of our Website has or may violate any law, regulation or our Terms & Conditions;
- To other lawyers: We may share your Personal Data with other lawyers or affiliates with whom we have a cooperation on a specific project, case or matter; and
- With your Consent: We may share Personal Data for a purpose to which you provide your prior express consent. Save as described above, we refrain from disclosing any information about your visits to our Website or other information which identifies you to any third parties unless we have your prior express consent.
Transfer of Personal Data around the world:
Where our third-party service providers process Personal Data outside the EEA in the course of providing services to us, our written agreement with them will include appropriate measures, usually standard contractual clauses.
8. What are your rights regarding your Personal Data held by us?
The European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation and other applicable data protection laws give you certain rights in relation to your Personal Data.
At A.G. Erotocritou LLC we want to be fully transparent and clear about the way in which we handle your Personal Data. We want you to understand the control your have over your data. Accordingly, please note that you are always entitled to request details of the information we hold about you and how we process it. You also have a right to have it rectified or deleted, to restrict our processing of that information, to stop unauthorised transfers of your Personal Data to a third party and, in some circumstances, to have Personal Data relating to you transferred to another organisation. You also have the right to lodge a complaint in relation to our firm’s processing of your Personal Data with a local supervisory authority.
Our task is to use your Personal Data only as directed and to keep our information about you as accurate as possible. We strive to ensure that your Personal Data we hold is accurate and up to date.
If you object to the processing of your Personal Data, or if you have provided your consent to processing and you later choose to withdraw it, we will respect that choice in accordance with our legal obligations.
In case you want to exercise your right to review a copy of, amend or erase the Personal Data we hold about you or would like us to stop using your Personal Data in the manner in which you approved or if you have any questions about our use of your Personal Data, please contact us as set out below.
Please note that even after you have chosen to withdraw your consent we may be able to continue to process your Personal Data to the extent required or otherwise permitted by law, in particular to comply with any legal, audit, internal and record-keeping requirements.
Cookies: When you visit our Website, we and/or the persons who host or provide maintenance on our Website may use technology that can realize, collect, and transmit information that is associated with you, but which does not personally identify you. Cookies are bits of texts or small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive when you visit certain websites for record keeping purposes. Reference to “cookies” means software or technology that can collect, transmit or recognize information about your visits to our Website. “Cookie” information typically includes data such as your type of internet browser, screen resolution, operating system software and other technical data related to your visit. Cookies are not used to identify you and will not collect personally identifiable information. Cookies may also record the manner that you use our Website, the pages you visit and your preferences for features and functions. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you have the possibility to configure your browser settings to stop accepting new cookies, to notify you at the time when a cookie is received and to disable cookies already existing. If, however, you elect to reject all cookies, you may be unable to use certain parts of our Website.
Security: In order to ensure the correct processing of information and prevent unauthorized access by third parties, we have established appropriate procedures to safeguard and secure the data we collect. More specifically, the servers we store Personal Data in are kept in a secure physical environment and we undertake to take reasonable precautions to ensure its security on our systems. From time to time, we review our security procedures in order to consider appropriate new methods available and ensure that we continuously use accepted industry standards to protect your Personal Data provided to us.
9. What happens if Personal Data we keep is leaked?
Unfortunately, no data transmission can be entirely secured and guaranteed. Still, at A.G. Erotocritou LLC we make every effort to safeguard your Personal Data and privacy. Notwithstanding any measures we take to protect your Persona Data, we cannot guarantee that: (i) such security measures will prevent our computers from being accessed illegally, and (ii) the Personal Data on them being stolen, misused or altered.
You remain solely responsible for the security of your computer at all times and we may not have any responsibility whatsoever for destruction or inappropriate disclosure of your Personal Data. For your own protection, you are strongly encouraged to: (i) virus-check software when using our Website; (ii) avoid posting or providing to us via the Website, any document which you believe may contain a virus; and (i) virus check any document which you intend to post or provide to us via the Website.
A.G. Erotocritou LLC has setup an internal data breach procedure to be followed in the event that any Personal Data is destroyed, lost, altered or if there is unauthorised disclosure of (or access to) Personal Data as a result of a breach of security. Data breaches or leaks which may pose a risk to individuals will be notified to the Office of the Data Protection Commissioner within seventy-two (72) hours. A breach which is likely to result in a high risk to the rights and freedoms of individuals will also trigger an obligation to notify the holders of the Personal Data directly.
Links to other Sites
Further information and updates
Under the GDPR, in order to receive materials or communications regarding A.G. Erotocritou LLC you must actively opt in. This can be done simply by notifying us at firstname.lastname@example.org.