Our corporate department provides comprehensive, accurate, and specialised legal advice on all aspects of domestic and international business. We are proud to count some of the largest multinational organisations and financial institutions whom we advise on an impressive variety of corporate and M&A transactions (both domestic and international cross border), including some of the most high profile deals which have ever been carried in Cyprus or which involve Cyprus structures. A recent example is the preparation and promotion of the USD 700.000.000 debt restructuring in Cyprus (probably the largest (from all aspects) which has ever taken place in the country) of a multinational group where, the firm prepared and promoted a scheme of arrangement between the company and its creditors.
Our firm's corporate and m&a department has received praise from several legal directories, including Legal 500, IFLR1000 and WhosWhoLegal while clients have described its team as "highly experienced and professional", noting that the firm always tries "to provide their client with the utmost assistant and at the same time their fees are very reasonable.”
Our corporate department comprises of distinct areas of practice in a variety of sectors such as healthcare, financial institutions, mining, infrastructure, commodities; energy, shipping, IT and technology, transport, including the following:
- Corporate restructuring & reconstruction
- Joint-ventures and standard terms and conditions of purchase/sale as well as other standard types of contracts with commercial/corporate nature
- Legal due diligence exercises
- Mergers & acquisitions
- Advice on all types of domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions in the public and private markets
- Partnership formation and dissolution
- Shareholders agreements and corporate governance
In addition, our litigation team has also represented various prominent local and overseas clients in litigation relating to various disputes of financial nature.
Some recent examples of related work handled in this sector includes:
- We were entirely responsible for the licensing process and the lease of various plots to a local entity and the subsequent sublease of the same to one of the world’s largest oilfield services companies with its shares listed in the NYSE in Larnaca as well as the development and construction of various offices, warehouses and workshops to be used by the latter for energy related purposes. The deal was one of the first ever developments / large scaled projects in the energy sector in Cyprus.
- We advised and represented a listed company in the Greek Stock Exchange, IKTINOS HELLAS S.A in relation to the acquisition of a multimillion asset from a UK company listed in the AIM.
- Being the exclusive legal advisors to the Cyprus Shipping Association, we recently advised our client on novel commercial, corporate and financial issues as a result of the recent privatization of the Limassol Port.
- We represented a multinational company and the market leader in the field of consumer product manufacturing and in various home care products, in the acquisition of a competitor company based in Cyprus.
- We were instructed by a leading international firm to undertake an extensive due diligence on various Cyprus entities with substantial assets, part of a large group which has its shares in a regulated market in the EU, as part of the sale of the shares of the target to an investor.
- We advised Nikon Holdings Europe B.V, General Electric, Roche and JP Morgan on various corporate and commercial matters in relation to Cyprus law.
- We acted for Rezidor Hotels Aps Danmark in relation to the establishment of a 5star hotel in Cyprus.
For further information or in case you have any legal issues, please contact us at: